Monday, June 15, 2026

June 10/11

 SKILL BUILDING - Present Perfect

Present Perfect for Actions that Began in the Past and Continue to the Present

Complete the sentences with the present perfect form of the verb in brackets.

  1. Maria ________________ (work) at the same factory since 2021.
  2. We _______________ (study) English for eight months.
  3. My parents _________________ (live) in Windsor since last summer.
  4. Ahmed _______________ (drive) a taxi for ten years.
  5. I _____________ (know) my best friend since elementary school.
  6. They ____________ (wait) for the bus for twenty minutes.
  7. She ____________ (teach) ESL classes since September.
  8. We ______________ (have) this apartment for three years.
  9. The children ____________ (play) soccer since 4:00 p.m.
  10. You _____________ (use) this phone since January.

Present Perfect for Actions with No Specific Time

Complete the sentences with the present perfect form of the verb in brackets.

  1. I _____________ (see) that movie before.
  2. She _____________ (travel) to three different countries.
  3. We _____________ (eat) at that restaurant.
  4. They _____________ (finish) their homework.
  5. My brother _____________ (buy) a new car.
  6. You _____________ (try) sushi.
  7. The students ____________ (complete) the assignment.
  8. He ____________ (lose) his keys.
  9. I ____________ (read) that book.
  10. We ____________ (meet) the new teacher.

Choose the Meaning

Write A or B beside each sentence.

A = Action began in the past and continues to the present
B = Action happened at an unspecified time

_____ 1. I have worked here since 2020.

_____ 2. She has visited Niagara Falls.

_____ 3. We have known each other for ten years.

_____ 4. They have watched that movie.

_____ 5. He has lived in Canada since 2022.

_____ 6. I have eaten Indian food before.

_____ 7. My parents have owned this house for fifteen years.

_____ 8. The students have completed the test.